SEARCH

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING YUMMY?

Nov 30, 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: SAM'S CLUB FULLY COOKED HAM (SOLD AT WALMART, TOO)

If you only read one sentence of this post - read the next one.
I wouldn't feed this ham to a dog!

All my family was coming here for the Thanksgiving holiday.  I bought this ham at Walmart - it was to be my Thanksgiving dinner.  At the last minute I decided to cook a fresh turkey.  After all, what's Thanksgiving without a turkey!  Thank God I did!  (Cooked the turkey on the grill and it was to die for.)

Here's how you do THAT!


Moving right along.....

Pulled out the ham yesterday and baked (reheated) it according to the package directions.  When I took it out of the oven for a taste test.... it had none!  I'm serious - the ham had no flavor AT ALL!  So I grabbed the 'enclosed packet of glaze' and put that on the ham and popped it back in the oven for the required 25 minutes.  Before that time was up, I knew I had made a terrible mistake - the smell of cloves was overwhelming.

Sure enough - took the ham out of the oven for another taste test.... OMG - it was disgusting.  After a wee panic attack, I started pulling out the leftovers from Thursday.  Fortunately I had cooked a big bird.  While I was reheating the sweet potato casserole, the dressing, and the turkey.... I had a thought....

Grabbed a large wire mesh colander that spans my sink - put the ham in it - and rinsed it from head to toe in hot water, removing as much of that disgusting glaze as I could - let the ham drain, and then patted it dry.  Basically a waste of time because the ham still reeked of cloves, but at least it was dry when I dumped it in the garbage.

I DID call Walmart and tell them about the ham, and said I'd be bringing it back one day next week in a garbage bag.  Luckily, they told me all I needed to do was the receipt and they would refund my $30.00

Happy belated Thanksgiving.....




1 comment:

  1. Its horrible Ham. Its also like eating a block of salt.

    ReplyDelete