SEARCH

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING YUMMY?

Nov 30, 2014

FOUR KITCHEN GADGETS I NEVER KNEW I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT!

First one is..... OXO's Poultry Shears..... I mentioned these in a blog last month.  They are awesome, and as I said before, you could cut up a BODY with these babies..... and they come apart for easy, thorough cleaning.  And snap closed for safety.  About $25 and worth every penny.
Next is another OXO product - the trusty salad spinner.  As long as this has been on the market, I can't believe anyone doesn't have one.  Fantastic for washing ALL things 'salad'..... spin 'em dry... and even great to store your greens in inside the fridge.  Only problem is space in the refrigerator for the gadget - and space in the kitchen cabinet for the gadget.  About $25 and worth every penny.  Save $5.00 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a 20% off coupon.  Same for the shears.
Third one I reviewed right after I bought it... and now that I've had it a few years, it's still totally awesome.... and that's my Pyrex bacon press.
This little gem is 9"x9" and works great on a flat griddle pan from Walmart (11"x11").  It keeps bacon flat and in contact with the heat from end to end, it prevents shrinkage, and it really reduces splattering on the stove surface.  And it's not just for bacon!  This thing works great on sausage and hamburger patties.  Put it on the meat and press down gently all around - this makes the patties all the same thickness for even cooking.  The press is dishwasher safe but I find it gets cleaner if I pre-wash it with my brush.  CAUTION:  DO NOT PUT THE PRESS IN COLD WATER after use - it could crack.  Allow it to cool on paper towels, or put is in HOT soapy water.  This gadget is a must! [The proper name for this on the internet is:  Cooks Essentials 9-x-9 Square Glass Press.  I got mine from QVC/Amazon.  I think this was $20 but not sure.

And last but not least.... is the Waring Pro Electric Wine Opener.... This one is self-explanatory.... runs forever on a single charge.... extracts corks and then 'releases' them... gives wine drinking a whole new (easy) take!  $30 at BB&B without the 20% coupon.   Enjoy!  *CLINK*







No comments:

Post a Comment